Sunday, August 28, 2011

Totally plastered - almost

This week we had a site clean... bye bye to most of the rubble from the frame and bricking stages. More importantly, the plastering continued and the patching and cornices are almost all done (just a few rooms to go). One way or another the plaster in the alfresco was put up - the SS mentioned something about the business owner coming in to do the finishing off. No mention of a variation... my wife says I'm a worrying fuss-pot.

Another curious thing, a new delivery of bricks arrived, which was a surprise... though I think it has something to do with the bricks above the front bedroom window. If I'm reading the plans right the bricks need to go all the way up (as the background in the gable), and they either forgot it, or ran out of decent bricks to use... Either way there should now be plenty left over to build a letterbox with. We are meeting with the SS tomorrow so I might provide an update to this story then.

Oh yeah, and I bumped into Lou and Neen at their house as I was wandering past - nice to meet them and nice to know which name goes with which face. Shouldn't be long before they make the Avenue their home.

(Click image for larger view)
Just a few photos this week as we had to take them through the windows that didn't have the protective plastic covering them. Here's the main bedroom, en-suite on the left, WIR on the right.
And the family room - the cornice in here is a feature one; "Classic", it's got a kind of compound curve to it that is really nice - no real sharp edges or shadow lines either.
Ok, my descriptions suck... so here's a picture or the feature cornice instead!
And the view down the hallway from the entry window. The entry bulkheads are in and looking good.

1 comment:

Janine K said...

I'm hoping to be totally plastered soon too!!!

I swear we will be the last people to move in, everyone is storming ahead of us now!!